Instructor: Melanie Reim (New York City)
Location: Pla de la Boqueria, Rambla
Mention Pablo Picasso and the variety of reactions to his art is as varied as his art is. One could hardly think of being anywhere in Barcelona without having the aura of Mr. P surrounding us. It is a city where he spent much time making art.
This workshop will use the unique mark-making, compositions, effusiveness of character and moody values of Picasso’s more graphic works to emulate and integrate those aspects of his works to capture the great light of the city as well as the intricate markings of the architecture and animated characters of Barcelona.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- utilize a variety of new and varied marks to create reportage drawings.
- execute with black ink and brush with enough control to create
- well-designed silhouettes.
- create a reportage drawing that infuses life and character into capturing people in an animated setting.
- design a reportage drawing with astute composition.
Black waterproof ink, dip pen and/or cartridge pen, felt- tip, two- three cups for water, watercolor brushes, (numbers 1-3 or 4), paper towels or rag