In the following weeks we will be posting instructors bios, details about each workshop and schedule and registration information.
We are presenting the list of workshops under four general themes that may help participants make their choices when registration opens in March. Participants will be able to attend up to five workshops of three hours each.
FEEL THE SPACEMastering the fundamentals of perspective, proportion and composition is key to understanding the spaces we want to draw. These workshops equip sketchers of all levels with useful tips to break down complex urban scenes into sketch-worthy views.
- Life between buildings. Capturing the Energy. Instructor: James Richards, USA.
- Actors and Stage. Instructor: Luis Ruiz, Spain.
- Barcelona Perspectives. Percepting and Drawing Architecture. Instructors: Florian Afflerbach and Arno Hartmann, Germany.
- Negative Forms as First Structures and Minimal Storytelling. Instructors: João Catarino and Omar Jaramillo, Portugal / Germany.
- Sketching Urban Place: People, Space and Streets. Instructor: Richard Alomar, USA.
- Hither, thither and yon. Instructor: Barry Jackson, UK.
Get ready to leave aside preconceived notions of what a proper sketch should be. In these workshops, instructors show that besides our eyes and brain, we also need something else to draw: Our heart!
- Rhythm in the City. Instructor: Inma Serrano, Spain.
- Sketches that Sing: Creating Drawings with a Life of their Own. Instructor: Lynne Chapman, UK.
- Drawing from the heart / Sketch over color splashes. Instructors: Paul Wang and Tia Boon Sim, Singapore.
- Capturing Space through Form and Color. Instructor: Marion Rivolier, France.
SEE THE LIGHT
These workshops cover the basics of value and color and provide sketchers with tips to make their artwork more atmospheric and painterly.
- Lighting the City. Instructor: Sagar Fornies, Spain.
- Sketching Barcelona: Setup, Value and Beyond. Instructor: Matthew Brehm, USA.
- Panorama in Light and Shade. Instructor: Virginia Hein, USA.
- Straight to Masses - A painterly Manner. Instructor: Eduardo Bajzek, Brasil.
- Dynamic Ink. Instructor: Norberto Dorantes, Argentina.
- Triad Symphony: Evocative Watercolor Sketches using three primary colours. Instructor: Shari Blaukopf, Canada.
TELL THE STORY
The saying that every picture tells a story also applies to sketches. In these workshops, instructors will challenge participants to create storytelling drawings that go beyond the pictorial representation of a given scene.
- Designing Barcelona. Instructor: Veronica Lawlor, USA.
- Channeling Picasso. Instructor: Melanie Reim, USA
- Drawing people in action. A character sketching crash course. Instructor: Marc Holmes, Canada.
- Urban life, describing city spaces through the life lived there. Instructors: Marina Grechanik and Ea Ejersbo, Israel / Denmark.