View from la Pedrera rooftop
Are you ready for the 4th International Urban Sketching Symposium? Here are a few tips that the attendees should keep in mind in order to make the most of it:
- Get involved wherever you can, in order to make new friends and learn new things. Take part in as many events as possible and enjoy them: the symposium is only 3 days long, but you can turn them into a lifetime experience.
- Immerse yourself in another country. It is a good opportunity to expose yourself to a new country and new ways of doing things. Open your mind to local traditions and do not be afraid to try them out. You can also practise a foreign language.
- Be prepared to be more flexible about your drawing. You may have to try new techniques at the workshops, or you might be influenced by the work of others. Be prepared to adapt yourself to new ways of doing things.
- Do not be afraid to ask for help. If you are not sure what to do about a particular issue, ask a Symposium coordinator. We are here to help you with anything we can.
- Seize every opportunity available to you. Be ready to make new contacts, and have your business card prepared- or whatever you create to promote yourself among colleagues. Be original!
- Have fun! This may seem rather obvious, but at times the stresses of drawing in a new environment, with people you do not know, might get you down. Remember though that the time for you to enjoy it is now! Have all the fun you can, too, but...
- Do not forget to draw. The social opportunities can certainly be great, but they can prove to be a big distraction when it comes to drawing. Do not put your sketchbook down!